After a long dry spell, rain fell and the garden took off! For colour and enthusiasm visiting children planted handfuls of cosmos and sunflower seeds, along with a few vegetables to start. As the sunflowers grew, so did the interest in the garden, and visitors began to settle in.
- Sunflowers appear!
- Regular weeding of paths and garden beds.
- Watermelon and sunflowers! A perfect summer combination.
- Our first harvest! Co - op members with kale and flowers to brighten up the Health food store entrance.
- A month later, and the garden is taking shape, with plants establishing as the beds settle.
- Kate, walking and talking through the garden with supporter Darryl from Queensland Water and Land care group.